Monday, May 15, 2006

From the Lab Rat's desk

Finally dragged my sorry ass to the doctor today, and as expected I have an infection (I'll keep the details to myself), which explains why I have felt beyond lousy the last few days. tomorrow my daughter treats me to my first ever pedicure, her mother's day gift to me. Feeling rotten that I did not feel well enough to visit my mom on Sunday, but she understood I was too ill.
images aletta mes 2006
Haven't been able to focus my eyes very well or sit up for long thanks to this infection so I have mountains of emails to get caught up on. To pas the time I put what energies I had to my balcony garden which is shaping up better than even last year. So much of it has kept on growing through the winter.
images aletta mes 2006
My lavender,, my Spanish lavender to be precise, is not waist high and in bloom. I've been snipping away and taking cuttings of nemesia, thyme and rosemary to fill in any blank spots.
The sweet peas and morning glory are taking their sweet time. Must be the cold nights we are still having.
images aletta mes 2006
I exhausted myself today dragging home a big giant bag of soil. My father would shake his head at such things, the notion of buying dirt. Took everything out of their posts and with the help of tiles I have all over the place (another of my in-progress plans) used the upside down shelving as planter boxes. Poked holes in the bottom using my soldering iron et voilá, some very nice extra garden property. I was being kept company by dog and cats, and it was a splendid warm sunny day.
images aletta mes 2006
Not being able to use the computer much last week also resulted in my closet finally being pulled out and put back again, resulting in over nearly 100 empty hangers which were taking up much of the space. Now at least I can find things.
images aletta mes 2006
At the pharmacy to pick up my anti-biotics I was stunned to find they did not have the full number of pills I needed at hand and have to go back again tomorrow. Are we Canadians selling of so much on-line to foreigners that we are becoming an afterthought? Well, folks I'm hitting my limit for the day. Be assured I do read my emails even when I do not respond, I will as soon as I can.
images aletta mes 2006
Meantime I will enjoy the frangrances of my little garden and sound of my lion fountains. Life is good.
images aletta mes 2006
So I might be stragling a bit, but I am on this journey, absolutely.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Keep on going, Aletta!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It never ceases to amaze me how postive you remain in the face of all sorts of debilitating health issues. Thanks for the post Aletta. I love seeing your world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home