Saturday, May 13, 2006

I'm that girl, or is she me? (my offering on stage)

I used to be someone who cared- sort of. I wondered what it would be like to be part of that crowd, you know- the one where everyone is happy and smiling and their clothes always look nice and their hair blows beautifully in the wind. But I never could quite bring myself to become one of them. I'm not sure if it's because I thought they wouldn't let me, or if I just couldn't be that kind of girl.

Surely you know that girl. Her skin is clear and flawless. The curl is always set in her hair just right. She has the really great clothes, and everyone waves and smiles as she goes down the hall. That girl.

But sometime in high school I started thinking that maybe it wasn't so great to be that girl. I thought about how hard it must be to have to look good, be good, all the time. And then I thought it was better to be me, not perfect- and having people know I wasn't exactly so, even if they made fun of that. I'm sure she must have wished she was me sometimes too.

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Perfect Kim. Most of us have felt like you darling. Glamourous girls are a bit like piano players - there are only a handful of them that can sustain the role for any length of time. Better to be yourself.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

I am really identifying with this!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Everyone always wishes they were someone else at times. Then you ask the other person, and they wish they were you. So true!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I can relate to this too, Kim - and I love the cheeky collage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home