Sunday, May 14, 2006

Perched atop a Giant Sequoia

Sitting atop a giant sequoia waiting to be rescued, I ponder Heather's idea of surrendering something and shedding my skin. A perfect place of solitude in which to write, but I have no computer, no pen or paper. Surely I'll be the last to arrive for the gala performance. Perhaps a short poem will suffice to get me on the Serpentine Road.


I count the me's
that I have been
since I began,
Remembering the seven (so-called) ages of a man

For women, though,
there must be more
or I, at least,
am rare,
for me's there've been beyond a count
that I would care to share.

The old me is disolving
swept away
like falling rain.
What hurts the most,
I liked her best.
Will part of her remain?

6 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Hi Heather,

Oh, dear, that long link extended your page. Do you want me to delete it? Will the page shrink back? Guess I should see if it links at least.

Believer--technologically up a tree

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Great poem. Being 250 feet up in the air sure gives one a perspective on their life...

By the way, how's the weather up there? (snicker, snicker) :D

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Luna said...

This gives me much to think about... Thank you for your insight.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Hi Lorijayne and Luna,

Actually, it's not new, I wrote it years ago when I was going through some huge changes. Believe me, I am not a poet, but it did express my feelings at different times during my life.

It's getting a bit chilly, but I can see all the way to the Myrr mountains on one side and back to Lemuria if I shinny around. That black speck in the distance might be one of the ravens. Sure hope so.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am sure many aspects of the old that you have loved will be recycled into the newer, reinvented self.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Amazing performance. Loved the link too, of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home