Sunday, May 14, 2006

i'm late....

for a VERY important date.... I wake. Those nervous clutchings at my stomach, why today? Think.... what's to be remembered? Oh my goodness! The gala perfomance! Aagh

Rushing, catapaulting myself out of bed, all senses now in overload. I can do this!

Dressed, packed (surely what I forget, I can buy along the way!), see ya dogs, bye cat. Dry toast as I race out the door....

Into the car, oh hang on, Hubby took it to work today. Oh no.... slight tones of resignation creep into my voice. Okay, my bike..... I can leave it at the gate....

Wind whistles past my ears, scarf flapping, bag flying, knees burning. I think I can, I think I can....

I take a flying leap from my not quite stationary mode of transport, crash through the door. Everyone's waiting. Fling myself onto the stage and start....

"I did it my way"


humble attempt I know, but I signed on so late and am so concerned that you'll leave without me! Now..... where is that donkey? smb

3 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a delightful 'Mad Hatter' style entrance Samm. I know you are just going to love this journey. A warm welcome to Soul Food's travelling troubadours.

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Welcome to the journey of a lifetime!

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Fran said...

What a fun beginning! Very visual

 

Post a Comment

<< Home