Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Slight Detour

I'm off the map. I don't know how it happened. I started out from Riversleigh where I'd been resting up, gathering my strength for whatever le enchanteur had up her sleeve, and trying to get my creative juices to flow. I didn't want to do the red shoes with wings bit. That was my first mistake, others followed, I saw the trees in the distance. . . . .but it's a long story and I'm afraid I'll miss the performance, not to mention be stuck up here forever. If you are reading this message, the blue jay, made it. Swoop's part of the story, too. Could you send an eagle to fly me back to the Hermitage or maybe a crane (the mechanical kind that does buildings) to at least get me down (my backpack and red shoes are down the bottom--don't ask)? I'm in the middle of a redwood forest, (sequoiadendron giganteums) stranded in the top branches, up about, oh, I'd guess 250 feet. Swoop will show you the way.

I'm sorry Heather. This is so embarrassing.

4 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

We read the message! Stop! Am sending Raven! Stop! Climb on Cora's back and wing it back here pronto darling. Stop! Wouldn't want the door to be closed before you got here. Stop!!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Believer said...

I have a feeling Heather will get my message and send help. Yawn. I hope It's not too late--her bright-and-early-tomorrow is my oh-so-tired-tonight. Zzzzzzz

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

LOL! Thank you for the mental image-- stuck on top of a sequoia....(chuckling to self....)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

What an amazing adventure! Yes, rescue imminent. No-one is ever really lost around here. Sequoias are a little irresistible,
I know:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home