Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Aching feet, ahh, martini tray!

Not without challenge to make my way to the gala (not the least of which was slipping myself into my slinky little black dress). As can only happen on these enchanted travels, I forgot to put on any shoes but did remember the glamorous long gloves/ I also forgot the do anything with my hair but invented a quick barrette to hold my locks high up on my head with a few small twigs found along the way. Thank goodness for the excited voices and light cast by distant lanterns for helping me find my way there.
images aletta mes 2006
It was a long journey and at first it seemed I was either earlier than expected (must. be the time zone factor) or perhaps I was so late that everyone had already come and gone. I stared for a while with complete exhaustion for what might have been a minute, or hours. Much like a blink and there was a gathering of the most diverse and elegant crowd of people, some familiar others strangers to me but obviously we had some prior meeting of minds though where I cannot say. I've been chatting and getting to know everyone and there seems to be no end of new persons to get to know. Have to go, the tray of martinis has arrived.

2 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

How glamourous! Endless martinis!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Love the little black dress and the twig barettes - a perfect blend of art and nature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home