Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Healing and Relaxation.

My guide showed me to my room at the Hermitage and told me a bit about the grounds. She happened to mention a natural spring on the property. My ears perked at the sound of that! What a great way to sooth my not-even-a-saddle sores!

I dropped my backpack on my bed and made off to the spring. I was surprised to find yet another cave. I felt as if I was back in my cave room, which I had already grown to love. I knew it would be easy to relax here. I floated on the deep blue water, closed my eyes, and let my mind float away on a cloud. Gradually I could feel my sores healing. I knew I'd be in real trouble if they didn't heal before we head off for the Amazon Queen's camp. That's an even longer trip than it was here to the Hermitage. I'll have to find a way to make a cushion before we leave so I don't have as much trouble this time and can enjoy the ride.

Once I felt my sores were totally healed an my jarred muscles totally relaxed, I made my way from the spring. Using my trusty walking stick, I climbed the slope I had decided earlier. How had I made it down to the spring so easily when the slop was this steep? I guess I just had one thing on my mind. Slowly I climbed, pacing my breath and my steps. At the top my breath was taken away -- not just by the sheer energy it took but by this magnificent view. I'm glad I had decided to bring my digital camera on this journey.

Oh! I have it! I haven't been too worried about my performance for the Amazon Queen. I had put it in the back of my mind knowing that something would reveal itself to me. I think this is it! I have a photo memory card with me of pictures I took back home. I brought it along so that I could look at the pictures when I needed a reminder of home. I'll create a slide show of photos. I'm sure I have some shots of flowers she has never seen. I hope she will be delighted in their simple beauty.

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am quite sure she will be suitably impressed and sit talking to you about your photos.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Hmmm, can we really wander around this freely? Wow, I think I'm going to like it here.

Where I came from ghosts sail ships and people picnic in cemeteries.

No Kidding

anita marie

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

The Hermitess remembers those lands well and knows you speak the truth....she knows about Crypt lake and knows your words are accurate indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home