Monday, August 08, 2005

Crypt Lake- A Side Trip to The Hermitage



It's called Cyrpt Lake, I found it by accident and I've been here for almost a day. It's going to be nightfall soon and considering I almost broke my neck reaching this place in broad daylight I'm guessing I won't get better results if I try to leave in the dark...Will I?

So I'm going to build a fire and I'm going to sit by this lake and I'm going to wonder why it's called Crypt Lake.

I'll get to wonder all night because I'm not going to sleep.

I'm not alone, something is moving around out in the middle of the lake in slow steady circles and the cats paws are drifting against the tide towards me .

*************************************************************************************

FYI here's a little definition of the "cats paws " I just wrote about, I did a google search for the definition because when I was young I was told cats paws were spirits that played on the water... Boy was I surprised to learn ( according to the dictionary and google ) they WEREN'T !:

On the lagoon, the cat's paws presence is fleeting and quite random. With each calming of the gentle wind, the cat's paws waves disappear like the Cheshire cat, as the waters surface tension almost instantly pulls the water surface taut and flat again -- a near-perfect mirror.

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This is a fantastic story - we eagerly await your arrival here, and hope the cat's paws sought to leave you in peace for at least a moment...Hermitess.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am looking forward to hearing more about the Lake region.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home