Friday, May 12, 2006

Word Performance

Change is always gonna come

I won't be contrite and say 'just go with the flow'
I'd rather say 'don't resist'

Easier said than done I know
Acceptance is key
But often the hardest thing to achieve

Finding joy and enthusiasm in the moment is difficult enough
How about when troubled times are upon us?

Change is always gonna come
There is always some good in it
Even if we can't see it now

Looking back I can see the things that happened that I would love to regret
But I stop myself from regretting
I am me because of them
I learned all my life lessons by living and experiencing them

By feeling all the pain and sadness and joy and happiness
All the people who frustrate and hate and dig and jab
They were with me for a reason and taught me many things

When I try to be too cautious about living
The change is harder to deal with

I try to be one with the moment
For that's where the true beauty in life lies
The present moment is when you are most truly you

Change is always gonna come
But maybe next time we'll be better able to accept what it brings

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Yes, the only constant in life is change, they say!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home