Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Colors

I'll begin.......Ahem.....

Colors

Your words color my world with blues and grays
and I say “Why can’t it be yellows and reds?
Why can’t it be the color of a daisy’s face,
or fresh lemonade, or kids’ slickers on a wet day?
Why can’t it be the color of passion,
of ripe, fleshy fruit, or moistened lips parted
ever so slightly?”

Your voice shadows my world with blues and grays
as your words thud with steely finality against my ears:
“I-DON’T-LOVE-YOU.”
Now the reds and yellows that once splashed
across the walls of my world melt and slide,
not into the color of tangerines,
or maples leaves on a bright autumn day,
or the glow of embers on a hearth,

But into the darkness of my bedroom ceiling on a winter morning,
into the slate gray of the sea before a storm,
into the worn-out blue of an urban sky at midnight,
dissolving into the blue-gray pallor of a pearl
that has lost its luster
.

L Gloyd (c) May 10, 2006

4 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

I'd cry if I did that.....

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I am sure you would cry Lori. That clapping your can hear is my applause. This is a very powerful piece as faucon as so succinctly pointed out.
Bravo! Encore and all that!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Thank you both.....

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Loved this. I was reminded of the song "Colour My World" by Petula Clark for some reason, which I have always liked. This has all the colours in it. Terrific.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home