Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Avatar

The Avatar

I am watching you
from the high grass,
from under your house,
I have roamed the deserts and plains,
your streets and yards,
I was here before yo
u
and will outlast you all,
I am a nurturing moth
er,
a faithful lover
that sings to the heavens,
You could not kill me
even when I killed your cats,

I blend into your world,
transforming, confou
nding,
I cast the stars into space,
and stole fire from
the gods,
I am the Trickster,
I am the Avatar
of the creative spirit,

you cannot close me in,
I am Coyote.











Poem and Image: L. Gloyd (c)May 7, 2006.

5 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Most beautiful, words and image.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

This is beautiful, Lorijayne, and so true of (i)the Trickster.(/i)
Lately, we have had coyotes roaming through our community--due, I believe, to extreme drought conditions. That, and the fact that there is so much construction going on here that we are encroaching on their territory. I'm willing to bet though, that in the end, the Trickster will win.

Vi

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I think you are right, Vi.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Luna said...

This is lovely!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a perfect avatar Lori. Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home