Friday, August 12, 2005

~Travels~

~Map to the Hermitage~
Arriving at the Hermitage was not an easy journey. I passed through many strange and curious places.

Leaving the cave my first stop was The Land of Prey. Incredible birds of great girth and height reside here. Their main object is the hunting of cats. Yes, cats ! I am relieved I gave second thoughts to to bringing my dearest friend, Big Moma. My journey would have been very short.

Second Stop - District of Dolls
Third Stop - Village of Dwellings

Forth Stop - City of Chairs. I had to show identification, have my passport stamped, a finger print was taken, and my small baggage checked.

Thinking I had plenty of time, as the Hermitage was only one hour away, I took Heathcliff to near by blacksmith where he could be watered and feed oats. I walked acrosss the street to a diner, washed up in the rest room and sat in the most elegant of chairs to order a proper meal. The food was delicious. The wine and cheese after diner seem to revive my spirits. I was ready to continue.

I must have read my map wrong, as I ended up in the Township of Travel. I asked an elderly gentleman for directions. His manners were that of a prince and he was so well spoken. His directions were none of the above and again I was to become lost in the Village of Crowns.

I took some extra moments to study the map, carefully. As I traveled back I once again noticed the elderly gentleman. This time he was riding in a vintage car, waving and smiling as he left me in a cloud of smoke and dust.

I reached the Hermitage around midnight. My first thoughts were for Heathcliff. I am thankful there was a groom to meet me. To say the least, I am tired and in need of a comfortable night's sleep.

Ms. Lovelace ( Patricia )
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the image you've posted. I want to jump right into it.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Welcome Picasa, makes for an interesting journey and your story would have been full of twists and turns and unexpected events. Indeed a good night's rest in silence of the Hermitage will revive you, a trip to the Bathhouse, food from the place that never closes, and many other delights...welcome, welcome, Imogen Crest, Hermit. (Your artwork is very beautiful.)

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What an intriguing journey Patricia. This is very lilliputan. Great stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home