Friday, August 12, 2005

Can't help it

I was called into work today --
so much for painting and fixin' things;
so don't feel guilty about writing
instead of dozing off -- boring.

So I grabbed the first 'seed'
that stroked my soul, and ...



Rehearsal Space - Up for Grabs


I am immediately captivated,
nay challenged in instant wit and prayer,
to explore this universe of mystery –
to ‘hear again’ in ups and grabs and space.

‘tis said that life is a performance grand
for which there is no dress rehearsal,
calling for improve and dance invention
on a whirling stage of fear and wonder.

Yet I know that I ‘hear again’ et al,
at least in a ‘current’ sense of being,
for part of me knows things yet unseen,
and sings to a melody still unwrit.

Perhaps it is ‘practice’ which calls to us –
to suspend the creation of innocence
to which we are faire drawn or captured,
and get on with “doing the work” and all.

A mentor quipped profoundly, long ago,
that simply, “practice does not make perfect.”
“Perfect practice makes perfect,” he observed,
and therein lies the focus of living.

As we are only partially divine,
our fumbled words and ‘strutting on the stage”
must be much less than we are capable of –
though better than accepting shadow fears.

What if our contribution – charity,
is to encourage others to leap up
and quickly grab some space and be ‘re-heard’,
before their presence slips away – again.

faucon



1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

"As we are only partially divine,
our fumbled words and ‘strutting on the stage”
must be much less than we are capable of –
though better than accepting shadow fears."
These were my thoughts today...man made perfectionist ideals carried in the expectations. Why are we held back from liking our own "performances"? Whose eyes are we trying to please? That for me is the biggest question, and I don't know the answer yet. Thanks for writing this because it made me a little clearer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home