Friday, August 12, 2005

Fairy Pond

Wow! What a strange trip that was. I am enjoying the grounds of the Hermitage immensely, so I decided to wander a bit. When was that? I think it was Wednesday. What's today? I brought my trustly walking stick and I must have walked for hours. This time I didn't bring my camera with me because I was afraid I would smash it if I got to adventurous in my hike. I did take a few tumbles while watching the gorgeous views and not seeing the stones or potholes in the path ahead of me. Luckily I didn't hurt myself. I think the wood fairies were protecting me.

The last thing I remember was finding a gorgeous area I called the Fairy Pond. It was a very small pond, maybe only 4 feet across. It was surrounded by amazing wildflowers that seemed to glow as if under a blacklight and a few stones with a glittery appearance. I wondered how deep the pond was, so I waded in. I was surprised by a quick drop off and found that the pond was deep enough for me to float in. I couldn't touch bottom. Since I'm a good swimmer, I dove under to inspect...just curious how deep this pond could be. Underneath the surface I found an amazing world of fish and plants and merfairies. All of these creatures had a neon glow to them. It was dazzling to the eyes to watch them. The merfairies used wings to transport them through the water. As I watched, I found myself in a most peaceful state of mind...a deeply relaxed state. And I wasn't needing air.

The farther I swam down into the pond, the larger it became. I began to realize that this was likely a spring, but must smaller, on the surface, than the one I first visited. I swam and ooohed and aaahed for what felt like forever, until I drifted off into a peaceful doze.

The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed in the hermitage. I'm completely dry and cozy in my down comforter. I just don't know how I got here. Does anyone know?

4 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the idea of merfaeries!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I think Faucon is right...what a picture this would make? Can you see it still? So glad you captured this dream within a dream in words...I loved this piece.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Ashleyshea said...

Maybe that was a fairy well, instead of a fairy pond...and it was full of well-ness! I know I feel much relieved and have no care in the world.

If I could paint...what a glorious picture it would make. I may have to try anyway.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I too love the idea of mercreatures in the pond and would be enchanted as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home