Thursday, August 11, 2005

A piece written long ago that I would like to do for my part in the entertainment here

The Sisters
I have danced
in the womb
in the soft red
womb of earth

I have entered the circle
I have been renewed
My belly is filled

I shall green
I shall go forth over this red land
I shall eat
I shall enter her daughters
My children will be born
to honour
for I have danced
in the womb
in the soft red womb

These are my sisters
namegivers
walkers

my sisters gave names
to the birds
to the snake
to all running things
and to all things
that crawl on the red earth

My sisters threw spears
and the food that thy ate
was named
and made sacred
They dug earth
and named roots
and roots
that they ate
were made sacred

I walk in their footsteps
I walk in the footsteps of my sisters
I walk
I am filled

3 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I think this is ancient Lemuria....Hermit.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The first two stanzas are just magnificent Fran, setting the scene for what is a truly beautiful poem. I think you have chosen very wisely. The Amazon Queen will surely approve.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Karen said...

It is a lovely rhythmic poem, Fran, like the beating of a drum or a heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home