Sunday, October 16, 2005

Fall Back

FROM MY STAND

The night trees often play sax to my prayers,
backed up by the trombone train.
But the holly rattles a distracting theme,
while vines shoot to a higher key,
and I must listen close to the chorus of roots
that plunge to a throaty base.
Peace will come in a clarinet joy of grass,
as Spring conducts a symphony.

Now that it is Fall the hall seems empty,
and I must rely on memory.
But I can, you know -- are at least believe,
that the music was surely etched
in grooves of my restless mind and spirit --
by a balance needle called my soul.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Great feeling and images to this piece. Thanks for posting it.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Lois said...

Faucon,
Memories memories
Saxaphones and trombones.clarinets
My former husband Mac was a Trad Jazz follower and so was I.
I love the music of Billy Holliday,Bessie Smith,Ma Rainey,and also Blossom Dearie.
The only music to dance to, feed the soul of those who love the blues...
Ah those were the days
memories,memories.
I booked a table at a Jazz club for my Mothers 80th Birthday in 1984 ,she was the last to leave,and only when the music stopped...She talked of her night out often, as she recalled the oysters,crayfish and doing the cake-walk with her son John.

Music is in the grooves of our hearts for sure when we remember
those times ...Lois 27/10/05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home