Sunday, September 11, 2005

Message From The Road to Duwamish Bay



I took a detour this morning to a mossy wood I had only dreamed about as a girl. I had lived in it, yet not known its significance, until it was gone. Deep thoughts about what was gone, and whether I deserved to have it back worried my mind. The green moss of the wood was like velvet and and yet it troubled me; I felt like I was trespassing....



Thinking back to the lake at the Hermitage I let the pictures form in my mind. Surely this place was as beautiful, but in a different way. Possibly I was more familiar with the Hermitage, not feeling like an interloper there. Was the world of nature different according to places and location? Did I have a right to the wild beauty of nature and its mysteries? To stop the fear and ignorance of the modern world creeping in, I thought of the Hermitage regions. I ride on to see if I am right about a few things....

copyright image and word Monika Roleff 2005

2 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What an absolutely perfect setting Monika. The path you have taken is just divine. I will have to join you on this path one day soon and we can sit having a cup of tea in the shade of some of those magnificent trees.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Most certainly. I would like that very much. The new picture on the banner is so nice to see, I was very excited about it. Thanks so very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home