Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Unexpected Bloom

Very unexpectedly, a Christmas Cactus given to me five years ago by my foster daughter bloomed this year. It arrived well after Christmas and the blooms were nearly gone and had not bloomed since. While putting a candle in a candleholder on the back table I noticed something pink. there it was, blooming, my sad looking Christmas cactus after five years of struggling to keep it alive, was blooming.

I could not be happier than with this unexpected gift from the powers that be. for so many years I worked to have it bloom. I was the only one among my in-laws unable to have large full blooms on my Christmas cactus. I was lucky to have it live at all till the following year. Now I have done it, or rather it has done it for me. Is it not beautiful? I know they are a dime a dozen in every Walmart, especially this time of year. This, however is my Christmas Cactus and it is very, very special.

Image Hosted aletta.org

Full of admiration I picked up my camera, and despite the miserable light on such a rainy day, managed to take a few for the record. Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

It can be no less than a little miracle.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home