Saturday, November 26, 2005

For Shari

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The wise, all knowing crone, holds a secret in her hands. She tells the young maiden who has sought retreat in the Hermitage that 'every life so given mysteriously bears within it the seed of its own death'. Life given and nurtured by Mother Nature is finite. Mother Nature gives life which ends in death. Not taking life for granted in the face of this mortality is an acceptance of this truth Shari. Each of us need to spare a moment to meditate upon how to live and nourish and nurture ourselves and those whom we love. This action is life affirming.

2 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ashleyshea said...

Thank you, Enchantress, for sending me the wise Crone. I will also keep watch for the ravens I am certain are on their way. I knew I would find gentle hands to hold and to guide me at the Hermitage during this early winter season. There's enough light in my heart to know, to remember, that winter will gentle give way to spring...eventually.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Heather there is much wisdom here for everyone. Love the pic and the colours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home