Friday, November 03, 2006

I take I hope with permission, another's words of wisdom

I pass on this poem/wise words & wisdom, often to those who
have loved and lost another
I tell it, for, there is a moving on.
Not in days,weeks or months but years
I type this for many whom I have met
on my journey
My ten year journey
and I ask Robert Frost for permission
and in asking I thank him for his brilliance in writing
The Road Not Taken, which for me
is my "MANTRA".
One can read into this poem what one wants to take from its words
To me it expresses the way that at a time were wise and meaningfull,
and most certainly what I needed to hear.
I know it by Heart.


THE ROAD NOT TAKEN
******************
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry,I could not travel both
and be one traveller.
Long I stood,
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth
Then took the other,
just as fair
and having perhaps the better claim
Because,it was grassy and wanted wear
though,as for the passing there
had worn them really about the same,
and both that morning equally lay
in leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh! I kept the first for another day.
Yet knowing way leads onto way
I doubted that I should ever come back
I shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence.
Two roads diverged in a wood and I !
I took the one less travelled by
and that has made all the difference
- Robert Frost-

Lois (Muse of the Sea) Sat 4th November 2006

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

That is a wonderful poem isn't it. The road less traveled is indeed the way to go.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home