Thursday, June 29, 2006

THE SOUL by KAHIL GIBRAN

I read this yesterday and thought it appropriate
to be embraced within Imogen's flowers
***********************

Say not, " I have found the truth, "but rather,
I have found a truth"
Say not,"I have found the path of the soul." Say rather
"I have met the soul walking upon my path"
For the soul walks upon all paths.
The soul walks not upon a line,neither does it
grow like a reed.
The soul unfolds itself ,like a lotus of
countless petals.
By:Kahil Gibran

Complete with a drawing by Michael Leunig,
which one day I would love to be able to show with the poem..
Lois (Muse of the Sea) 30.6.06.

4 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Just perfect.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Luis and I wrote this into our Wedding Vows.

So cool

Anita Marie

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Lois said...

Anita,
It seems "The Soul" can be used in life and death.
My copy of it which I had not read before was in a book celebrating the life of a young man 43 who's funeral I went to on Thursday ...
The choir I sing with sang a song at his funeral.John was the brother of our Choir mistress
Maryanne ..We sang "Now Weslin Winds" by Dick Gaugham..as John loved folk music,jazz gospel blues ..it was the most uplifting celebration of a life I have ever experienced....I shall not forget the day easily.......

Lois(Muse of the Sea) 1.7.06.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Amazing wisdom in Gibran's work. Thanks for reminding me; I should reread The Prophet. And he had another--can't remember the name, but I loved it.

It is wonderful to celebrate a person's life, isn't it. Makes it all seem worthwhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home