Monday, May 15, 2006

pieces of my soul

A soul that aches...

IN THE SILENCE
In the silence between
darkness and dawn
Lie the shadows of a life
only
dreamed
of

THE MASK
Maybe I have hidden so long
Behind the mask I wear
That I am afraid to remove it
Afraid that the real me
Will have withered away beneath it
Lack of sunshine and fresh air
Lack of love and tenderness
Having taken their toll
Maybe I will find that I no longer am
That I have faded away into nothingness
And the mask is all that remains.

FOR A MOMENT
For a moment
I dared to dream again
I felt a crack open up ever so slightly
In the stone that encases my heart
I thought for a moment that the warmth I felt was love beginning to seep in
But as it grew hotter and hotter I realized that rather
It was the searing fire that comes from being cast aside again Burning away a piece of my heart leaving only ashes and charred flesh
Where love should have been.

4 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Amazing!

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

Lovely pieces ..
glimses of soul and life

write on ...

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

A wonderful glimpse into your being Cyn. Bravo.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Very lovely, Cyndee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home